One of the tools used in aircraft assembly lines is a torque wrench that torques rivets with the exact necessary force. AIRBUS made a new connected tool, that can grab information from data repositories, replacing 6 different tools.
We had to assemble the data, originally in documents called AIPS/AIPI, into a new database formalism made for maintaining the torque values and parts database up-to-date, and provide on-field solution for workers.
The system itself is composed by:
- A repository of all torque values for all components used in AIRBUS
- A web-app to manage and enter new values/materials/bolts/nutes etc…
- An algorithm to detect « collisions » in torque values and propose better alternatives.
- An API to connect intelligent tools
- A report-generator of the jobs already done.